Leadership Boot Camp
We’ve all experienced the impact of specific hard skills shortages, but many Saskatchewan manufacturers have now found themselves locked in a soft skills crisis – staffed with capable individuals, full of potential, but lacking the ability to exercise effective leadership.
This 6-day interactive ‘boot camp’ provides emerging leaders with a crash course on the theories and the practical tools needed to transition from a contributor to an organizational leader with essential management skills.
To be announced.
Member: $850 + GST
Non-Member: $1,000 + GST
Member: $2,150 + GST
Non-Member: $2,550 + GST
Includes resource materials, breakfast, and lunch.
Who should register?
The Leadership Boot Camp is designed for emerging professionals from any aspect of manufacturing or non-manufacturing operations who exemplify the potential or interest in growing and embracing more responsibility. These individuals may range from shop floor technicians and shift supervisors, to existing managers and office professionals. We will help take you to the next level. The workshops are fast-paced and lively, and are filled with exercises, break-out discussions, role plays, and numerous "real world" examples to take you well beyond most tranditional and academic classroom instruction.
Module 1: Stepping Up As a Leader and Gaining Self-Awareness.
- Leadership expectations
- Characteristics of a leader
- The role of a leader
- Managing vs. leading
- Developing self-awareness (MBTI Tool)
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses
- Foundations of a leader (personal mission, vision, and values)
- Personal goal setting
- Understanding emotional intelligence
Module 2: Communication, Conflict, and Self-Organization.
- Communicating to your entire audience
- Listening as a leader
- Developing and leading effective teams
- Dealing with conflict confidently
- Having crucial conversations
- How to deal with "toxic" people
- Self-organization and self-discipline
- Time management
- Effective decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Accountability, commitment, and execution
Module 3: Employee Engagement and Creating a Desired Culture.
- Managing and shaping employee attitudes
- Influence and persuasion
- Building trust with your team
- Creating new mindsets and culture
- Moving from accountability to motivation
- Seeking feedback
- The power of appreciation
- Corporate culture
- Leading change
- Leadership succession planning
- Creating a leadership action plan